Thursday, July 12, 2012

JALAPENOS & BACON!!

Two of my favorite things that work so well together are jalapenos & bacon! Being a native southwest Texan jalapenos are an everyday ingredient. One of my favorite dishes to make with jalapenos are my Jalapeno Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken.

There is a story behind my Jalapeno Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Chicken. When my husband was stationed at MCAGCC 29 Palms, CA we lived in my parents RV for 5 months to save money. If you have ever been camping in an RV you know how little space there is and what little cooking room you have to work with. So as a Marine Corps wife I had to adapt and over come. I revised most of my everday dinners to be grill friendly. So this recipe is something I came up with to spice up the weekly chicken dinner.







4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 jalapenos cored & seeded
Munster or Monterey Jack cheese sliced in sticks
1lb thick cut bacon
salt & pepper
thooth picks

Core & seed all the jalapenos, then roast in the oven @ 400 for 25 minutes. Let cool then cut in half. Cut a deep pocket in the thickest part of the chicken breast for stuffing. Place jalapenos & cheese inside pocket, salt & pepper both sides of chicken. Wrap chicken with strips of bacon until coverd, tooth pick bacon onto chicken. Grill chicken until cooked. Be sure to watch the grill for flare ups because of the bacon fat. Medium low heat works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment